Well, today was Mother's Day. Can't say it was any different than any other day though. The husband didn't really do anything. Kind of hurts, being a mom is the majority of my time and effort and on the one day that's meant to recognize that he doesn't plan anything, even just buy me a card. I know that sounds cliche, but I really would be perfectly happy with a card, just something small to show he cares. *sigh* Oh well. He's usually a good husband, but he has his moments (as I have mine, I know).
I'm trying hard not to let the whole Mother's Day thing get me down, but it's so hard when you're already feeling a little low. I'll write about my whole MS ordeal eventually (I think it would be therapeutic even if no one else ever reads it), but basically because of it my vision went out in my left eye, I did 5 days of IV steroid treatment and it helped a lot, but there hasn't been much improvement since then (3 months ago). My vision is still blurry and the color is off, duller. It's really annoying. I've been told it will get better, it just might take longer. Some days I'm so used to it I almost stop noticing and some days (like today) I just want to cry. I try to just remember the problems I am having are more on the annoying side than the severe side.
So...After all my complaining, here's my goals for this week. Hope it will help keep me accountable to have them on here.
1. Keep tracking all the food I eat.
2. Try to stay in the recommended fat grams and calories every day.
3. Do 20-30 minutes on the treadmill in the evening.
4. Find more active things to do during the day (take a walk with Siri, play some of the exercise games on the Wii, walk around the mall, try a new class at the Y, etc.).
I'm going to do weigh-ins on Wednesday. I get weighed in at my class at the Y on Wednesdays anyway so it's just easier. It means my little tracker has to stay at 0 for awhile longer, but that's ok.


I'm sorry your mothers day wasn't special...my boyfriend didn't recognize it either...but fortunately Riley is at the age that he recognizes it...gotta love kids!
ReplyDeleteAww, I can't wait until Siri is old enough to understand it more :)
ReplyDelete